How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Grantor(s)Recard R. Rivera and A. Maxine Rivera Married 60Yrs my

Customer Question

Grantor(s)Recard R. Rivera and A. Maxine Rivera Married 60Yrs
my wife recently passed and I want to know can I exercise my right to amend or revoke it and get my property back that I have paid for all my life . some where it states that the trust is automatically split into two trusts which would me I would lose half of the home and money is there a way for me to get my property back in my name I cant afford to lose $100,000 I am on social security and am planning to selland move with my daughter and her husband please find me a way to get my property back thank you Recard Rivera
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. What are you wanting to amend or revoke? Also, what state are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michigan Revocable living trust
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks. It is possible that you could revoke the trust IF the trust gives you that power. However, if what you say is true, the second your spouse passed away, a trust was immediately created for her, and at the point of death, her part of the trust would be irrevocable because she's no longer living and capable of revoking her trust......
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
However, if you are the beneficiary of the trust, then you could file a lawsuit in court and ask the judge to break apart the trust and transfer title to the property to you -- the beneficiary of the trust. But, in order to do this, the trustee and all beneficiaries would have to agree.