How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been to criminal court overpayment

Customer Question

I have been to criminal court for unemployment overpayment which I had payed in full. I received a letter stating I still have a balance, what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear aboutthis unfortunate situation. Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, asthis services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice/legal service you should contact a local attorney.I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of thelegal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as suchlegal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case. I can however, provideyou with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i call unemplyment to speak to someone higher up?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up.Was your criminal case resolved?Were you ordered to pay some type of criminal restitution to the Unemployment Insurance Agency?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the case got resolved and i did pay restitution.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up.Do you have documents proving that you have paid any overpayment in full?