Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been to criminal court overpayment

Customer Question
I have been to criminal...
I have been to criminal court for unemployment overpayment which I had payed in full. I received a letter stating I still have a balance, what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/8/2016
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is ***** ***** be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear aboutthis unfortunate situation. Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, asthis services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice/legal service you should contact a local attorney.I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of thelegal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as suchlegal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case. I can however, provideyou with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me? Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can i call unemplyment to speak to someone higher up?
Thank you for your follow up.Was your criminal case resolved?Were you ordered to pay some type of criminal restitution to the Unemployment Insurance Agency?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes the case got resolved and i did pay restitution.
Thank you for your follow up.Do you have documents proving that you have paid any overpayment in full?
Tina, Lawyer