How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33912
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a permanent resident iin USA. My husband is taking out

Customer Question

I am a permanent resident iin USA. My husband is taking out a TRO even though I am currently iout if the country. I have not done anything to him to warrant a TRO except go back to the house with the police to collect some belongings. Will I be allowed back in the USA if he is granted TRO as I can not get to court to defend myself as I am homeless and penniless.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: He is divorcing me. I am not fighting as I stupidly signed a pre nup. He has everything including the $150,000 I put in to the marriage. The divorce takes one year but the TRO is for two years.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. The TRO shouldn't have any effect on you entering or leaving the country. It is unlikely that the people in immigrations and/or customs will even have any idea that a TRO has been entered. You have to be served with the TRO for it to last very long so if you haven't been served then the TRO will be automatically dissolved after a few weeks.