How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118664
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Find an organization that advocates and protects

Customer Question

find an organization that advocates for caregivers and protects the work they do since nowadays most family members move away and from a distance, they have no idea what it entails when ageing parents need assistance. Family members come out of the woodwork and try to push elderly out of their homes without empathy or gentleness. I need an organization that supports caregivers that realize these transitions and the work of caregiving need to be respected
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you contacted Adult Protection Services to come in and investigate? They protect the rights of the elderly parents. Unfortunately, the caregivers do not have real rights in the cases where the parents are moved out of the home for more care. Adult protection would protect the elderly parents from being financially abused by their children though and if you believe the children are taking advantage of their elderly parent financially or emotionally.

If you are a relative caregiver, you can file a suit in court to get guardianship over the elderly person, but that requires you to have a local attorney representing you to do so.

As far as organizations to protect caregivers, generally there are really no such specific organizations.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We already called them and found everything to be fine. What i need is someone professional IN the caregiving field to pin point what is missing or that knows what are typical costs and financial requirements when care is given in the home..

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.There is no organization or association that does this. You would have to hire an expert caregiver as a consultant and pay them to examine the situation and write a report regarding the situation and what is required.