Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Have questions to do with a refund from - Huntington Learning

Customer Question
Hi have questions to do...
Hi have questions to do with a refund from - Huntington Learning Centers, for tutoring my daughter. Which they kept tell me when we signed up MY MONEY would be refunded, if this program does not work out. Well my daughter would not go, and only went three times total of 6 hours. Now I paided them $2,650.00 up front. then they sent me a form to fill out requesting a refund and to specify a refund amount. Ok so I did the math refund amount should be, $1,950.00 I submitted the form and two weeks later received a check for $758.00 I still have the check and have not cashed it. (so there is still an remaining balance of $1,192.00) I have emailed them for the last two weeks with no respond. Should I hire a lawyer, or take them to small claims court, or cash the check?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/8/2016
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.If you don't believe you're received the correct amount I would not cash the check unless you're certain that along with this check there isn't something in your contract stating that by signing/cashing the refund check you agree that the sum is the only sum owed to you. I would take a look at your contract with HLC to see what their refund policy is. Based on that, you may wish to file a claim in small claims court. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney