How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3988
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came through your website regarding suing sears after 2 months

Customer Question

I came through your website regarding suing sears after 2 months of calling, emails and appointments regarding my washing machine. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The washer and dryer is one unit and stopped working 2 months ago. Sears has sent 5 appointments with their service provider from the area and ordered parts and didn't work. After several calls finally I was able to talk to a supervisor and said that in order to have the machine replaced 3 appointments by a Sears technician needed to be made. After calls and calls, I'm still waiting for the last Sears technician. Just called today and they said the next available Sears technician is in May! My warranty is still valid until June 26 of 2016
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. Warranties on consumer goods are regulated by the Federal Trade Commission under federal law. There are alo state laws that egulate companies under state Fair Trade Practuces laws. This means that you can take any or all of the following steps: 1) File a compliant with the FTC under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: 2) FIle a complaint with your states Attorney General Office of COnsumer Protection 3) File a Complaint with the Better Business Bureau 4) File a law suit in Small Claims Courtfor failure to properly repair the product and breach of the Uniform Commercial Code The first three do not cost you anything to file. So do those first.When you send the compalints send a copy to the Sears Headquarters as well as the general manager of the Sears that you are dealing with. Usually when they see that you are making these complaints they will start working to help you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck, Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.