How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4004
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a trailer in a campground in maine and the state of

Customer Question

I bought a trailer in a campground in maine and the state of maine will not give me new title as the old one was not filled out right by the first owner. He sold it to the people I bought it from and the state of Maine only requires that he make out a bill of sale to the other party so I can obtain a new title to trade in this trailer. I have also been paying the excise tax on this trailer since 2010-the state has been billing me for it. What legal recourse do I have against this person?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please call me at(###) ###-####if possible.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. I see that you are looking for a phone call for assistance with this. I can arrange that but that is considered a premium service. If we can do this without you spending extra money I am happy to post back and forth here. But I will post an offer to you first. If you want the phone call just click the accept button. I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
I have posted the offer for the phone call. If you want that please click the accept button and I can arrange the call. In the meantime, if the camper is permanently situated on the campground lot and you have no intention of moving it you may not need the title. If on the other hand you do intend to move the trailer, or want the title in regardless then you may need to bring litigation against the former owner to get him to properly transfer the title. The first step in doing this is to send the previous owner a Demand Letter.This site describes how to write a Demand Letter and includes an example: After you send the letter if they do not favorable respond you can bring an action. You likely can bring the action in small claims court. You do not need an attorney in Small Claims Court. You can find information on the process here: And the Forms that you will need here: In the Complaint you will demand that the previous owner provide you good Title. I hope this additional information is helpful to you. Kind regards,Gerald (Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)