How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26826
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was thrown in jail reason, my back is bent now, i

Customer Question

i was thrown in jail for no reason, my back is bent now, i had to hold in my bowels for 5 days, this has caused permanent damage and this is torture... i cant find help anywhere because the court and police can literally do whatever they want. this is unfair
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Have you seen a doctor and do you have proof that your damages came from having been thrown in jail? Have you tried looking for a lawyer, and if so, for what kind?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i see how this is not favorable for me. this is so unfair, no i have not gone to any hospitals, because i cannot afford them. i guess i need money for justice, really. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the proof would be me on their torture dungeon camera not defecating for 5 days... this is really unconstitutional torture
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I agree. You would have a potential civil rights suit, as denying you medical treatment constitutes cruel and unusual punishment. And if your suit is a good one, a lawyer may be willing to take it on contingency, meaning that he only gets paid if he wins if for you. That said, you should still see a doctor so that you could establish the extent of the state's liability and the size of the award.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant leave my house... i really havent left my house since then. i spend over 99% of my time in doors since the incident. i rarely go outside, because of some irrational fear.. the medical problems consist but they are not life or death situations which require hospital treatment, this is not fair. you're basically telling me they need to murder you for a good legal case
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have been in my home for over a year and a half now
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I'm not saying that at all. WHat I'm saying is that if you're going to claim it and try to recover damages for permanent injuries, you're going to need medical testimony on your behalf. Plaintiffs have the burden of proof in civil cases.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, the damage is there, im sure it can be looked at and proven. but i really try to avoid these things... i don't know how to explain to you what it's like being in my situation.. never going outside anymore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i didn't even do anything to deserve this
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I understand what you're saying, and I'm not questioning whether or not your damage is real. I'm certainly not implying you deserved this. However, either you wish to avail yourself of legal remedies or you don't. If you do, that means retaining a lawyer and seeing a doctor, because what you'd be asking for is monetary damages for your condition. Otherwise you wouldn't have a remedy other than, for example, to file complaints with the state attorney general and with your legislators and/or to involve the media to raise public awareness of what happened to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right, and how am i going to do any of this? i can't believe this is what's expected of people. this is too much really. it's very simple for the government to lock you in a cage and do whatever they wan't, for whatever reasons, with minimal effort. yet i need to provide all this evidence and do all these silly things to prove my case. this is unfair. this system is corrupt and not for the people. i really can't leave my house... how do i seek justice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it really has ruined my life. i am obese now too. i gained a lot of weight since then. i was very thin when i was arrested, and now im fat.... i can't begin to explain to you how unfair this is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
literally, nothing i can do
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but I have no further solution for you. This is how our judicial system works, not just for you, but for everyone. I will opt out at this time. Perhaps another expert will have other suggestions for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot leave my house... what are your suggestions? and this system is not fair. please do not accept this system by default.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not just trying to be difficult. i really cannot leave my house... really. i am not making this up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, can i ask a different question.. i wan't to sue the government for violating the constitution. because they shouldn't be allowed to cage people and expect them to defecate out in the open with other men making eye contact with you. this is especially true if you haven't even done anything wrong in the first place and should never have been put in jail. but really, the jail is disgusting and the government has no right to do this to people. i wan't this issue to be fought as constitutional torture. because that is exactly what it is.. have you ever had to defecate in front of people making eye contact with you, mam? that is crazy.