How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37066
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Transferring(selling) mineral rights in Oklahoma to my brother

Customer Question

Transferring(selling) mineral rights in Oklahoma to my brother and sister
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What will you need?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Are you asking how to go about transferring the mineral rights interests to someone?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I would like to transfer my portion of some mineral rights in Pittsburgh County, Oklahoma to my brother and sister. The rights are currently divided among us three. I would like to sell them and they each would get half.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this is something that you would need a local real estate attorney or title/closing company to draft up a mineral rights deed for the property so as to sever those mineral rights from the property. There are two rights..the general surface rights and the subsurface mineral rights, to a property and if you want to sever mineral rights, you need a specific mineral rights deed..These are standard deeds so I would suggest contacting a closing or title company to see if they could prepare it for you as they will be faster and cheaper. They can also help with getting it executed and recorded for a minimal fee..,,thanksBarrister