Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Understanding what states require a license to broker commercial

Customer Question

Understanding what states require a license to broker commercial mortgage loans and what states do not require a licens eto broker commercial mortgage loans
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I work for a company that is looking to put Lenders in touch with borrowers. The borrowers would come to us looking for a loan and we would put them in touch with a lender. The lender would pay us a fee for putting them in touch with the borrower
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Most states do not regulate commercial loan brokering. I know thatCA does. See:http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Licensees/Finance_Lenders/About.asp It would take me more time to research all 50 states than I am willing to take on here. If you can tell me two or three states that you are the most interested in, I will try to be of some assistance. Here is a lawyer's blog that deals with this subject. I submit this for informational purposes only, and not as a recommendation of this particular firm or individual. http://info.c-loans.com/bid/84990/Licensing-for-Commercial-Loan-Brokers.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.