Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Are there any lawsuits against two drugs: Myfortic and prograf?

Customer Question

Are there any lawsuits against two drugs: Myfortic and prograf? I took these drugs after a kidney transplant and develop a rare type of cancer called Kaposi Sarcoma
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what else do you need?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. There have been cases against Myfortic. See HERE.There have been cases against Prograf. See HERE. However please understand that your situation may or may not fall under said class actions. Also, even if it does not, one would still have a legal suit likely if there is evidence that the medication(s) caused the cancer. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.