How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an emotional support animal in an apartment with a no

Customer Question

I have an emotional support animal in an apartment with a no pet policy, I was unaware of an approval letter being required however when they asked for one I got it but it was from a credible therapist out of state but they are still threatening to force me to move,is this legal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, If you are living in an apartment complex, the complex is going to be governed by the ADA and FHA laws, you cannot be evicted for a service animal or emotional support animal (with appropriate documentation from a medical provider - even an out of state provider). See: can report violations here:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So just because they don't like the timeline of when the approval letter was gotten and consider it dishonest,they cannot force me to move correct?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. While they can disregard a fraudulent letter, they cannot disregard a late letter.