How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27267
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance was hit by a truck on her way back to work one

Customer Question

my fiance was hit by a truck on her way back to work one afternoon. the truck wasnt damaged but my mustang was severely gouged and mangled on one side. The kid admitted fault told my fiance hed take full full responsibility and gave us insurance info and his info now weve been dealing with the insurance and theyve denied the claim cuz the kid switched up his story and now says he wasnt at fault. i had called him prior to the insurance and he admitted fault and said hed take have his insurance resolve it. so now im stuck without a police report and dealing with a he said she said deal with the insurance... what are my options can i still file a police report a month after the accident and is civil court the only way to resolve this and am i allowed to go to near by buisinesses with cameras and ask to see if they got it on film or will i need a cop to do that
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. Just to be clear, your finance was involved in the accident, not you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Since your fiance was involved in the accident, they would need to go to the police and see if a report can still be filed. However, if the other driver is now denying fault, then you would have no choice but to sue them and may want to consider contacting your insurance company about filing a claim, unless you just want to wait and see if you prevail in court. You certainly can go to local businesses and gather any video evidence which they may have, since you will need to show he was at fault if you so. Once you file suit, it is likely that he will inform his insurance company and they may be willing to settle once they know he may be lying.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!