How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you help get me some time say 2 to 3 months to respond

Customer Question

Can you help get me some time say 2 to 3 months to respond and get a judgement set aside before having a hearing here in HI where I was served March 23rd and looks I need to appear either April 12 or 19? Judgement was in California and I was not served properly served.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Are you looking for a lawyer to represent you in court, or to draft pleadings for you, or something else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which would be best? And how much?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you draft pleadings will the extend me time?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Best would be to hire a lawyer. But, if you can show that service of process was invalid, then you may be able to do that in Hawaii, rather than in California -- in which case, you would save money, and you would need a different lawyer -- or, you might be able to do it without a lawyer, if the paperwork is done correctly. It depends on the facts, which I would have to review offline. Tell me how much is the judgment award ($$$)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
176000 + interest, total 274000
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
That's not good. If you want me to review your case, I can do it, but we would have to do it offline as part of a premium services invitation. I can't negotiate price or terms in this forum. If we can't come to an agreement, Justanswer will refund your money for the premium service invitation. I'll send the invite -- you may accept or ignore, at your discretion. Thanks for using Justanswer!