How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Gonzalez Your Own Question
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 532
Experience:  Managing Member at EWF Title, LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Gonzalez is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have aI have a person and one of my premises they 't

Customer Question

I have aI have a person and one of my premises they don't breach of contract two months behind non-payment Naomi for taxes and insurance in the contract says if they're behind two months or more they are supposed to turn the property over to me immediately do I have to file in court or do I get a police officer to get them out and reclaim my property
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Yes, you need to file an eviction. Florida does not allow landlords to utilize self-help. Under Florida law, you will first serve a "Three Day Notice" of eviction and past due rent. If the tenants do not pay then you will file a Complaint in County Court for eviction and have the document served on the tenants. You may also include a count for past due rent. Once you receive a judgment in your favor then a "Writ of Possession" will be issued by the Court. Once issued, you wil pay a fee for the Sheriff's office to "execute" on the writ and remove any and all tenants living on the property.

I would recommend consulting a local attorney to protect your interests and rights.

Related Legal Questions