How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently used my retirement fund to payoff my daughters mortgage.

Customer Question

I recently used my retirement fund to payoff my daughters mortgage. With the property now in her name I feel disadvantaged because she can refinance and end up with the money and a note. I live with her. What legal action can I take to prevent this? We live in Texas, the house was in foreclosure, the lender settled for $175,000 cash payment. She married after the transaction
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Do you have any type of written agreement with your daughter stating that the money you gave to your daughter from your retirement funds was a loan and the house is the collateral for the loan?