How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding a wrongful plea bargain on a case

Customer Question

I have a question regarding a wrongful plea bargain on a case that is almost 20 years old. I was wrongfully accused, spent seven months in jail (the pressure from that is enough to convince you to take a raw "deal") No one would even try to actually investigate my side of the case and under threat of even more time (People vs. Davis waiver) I gave in only because I was coerced and tired and in fear of "more" time. Never figured this could happen let alone to me. Figure because it was happening, my only choice was to limit the time even though I was not guilty. This has haunted me for the past almost 20 years. It has cost me jobs, and I have lost rights but it does not define me. Finally there were promises made by the "public defender" (my fifth if memory serves) who promised to help me get the "wobbler misdemeanor/felony" reduced once I was free but I have yet to find him. I do have some documentation regarding my innocence that even brought up a question in the family law judge's mind at the time, but the Sheriff's Dept where the initial call was made had a Sheriff Deputy who was later fired for embellishing domestic violence reports. No evidence or claims of DM during the previous 4 years to that date, Dec. 8, 1996. I am tired of carrying this burden and feel that there must be some way to have my side/case heard/investigated and there may even be recourse against the system that held me and was not fair in any form of the word or concept because I was guilty til' proven innocent the entire time and I would like to actually see the case records which I was also told I was entitled to at no cost but have yet to receive after repeated attempts over the years. Too much huh?! Welcome to my world...can anybody help me?!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
Did you have an actual question for us regarding your situation, because state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any suggestions on what I can do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You do not need to reply and this question will close if you want to cancel.