I requested reimbursement at the laundromat not operating…

Customer Question
I requested reimbursement at the...
I requested reimbursement at the laundromat for dryer not operating and not drying my clothes...i was told there is no policy and there is no number that i can complain and that i need to wait for the owner to complain directly but they do not know when the owner will show up. Then after i asked again to be reimbursed so i can put laundry into another dryer I was told that i am complainer and that i can get three quoters at the time ... I had to take clothes from three dryers not working properly and was given hard time about getting money and was told that is the policy ....i asked to see written policy and was told there is no policy ... Is this possible to be taking advantage of a customer and also humiliate the customer by calling me complainer...i feel really upset
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.
I am not quite clear as to what your legal question is? Could you clarify please?
Good afternoon....can the laundry stuff behave like that and is there no law that bussines doesnt have to have policy or number to call?
Does laundromat need to have policy on how to reimburse customers?
Thank you for the clarification.There is no law, per se, regarding customer service or "good manners". Nor is a business legally required to have a written policy regarding customer service or refunds. If they did not provide the promised service you can file suit in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.You can also file a consumer complaint with the state attorney general.