My question is in regards ***** ***** accident liability. Please let me know if you require any further information from me to answer the question.
Before you answer, please understand that a satisfactory answer must be:
1. Specific to the state of Massachusetts only.
2. Provide references/sources to cases, laws, or doctrine. It would be great, but not necessary, if I could access these sources to learn more (i.e. a website link would be very useful).
My questions are:
1. Does the "family purpose doctrine", also known as the family car doctrine, apply in the state of MA?
- If so, what are the criteria that an accident must possess for this doctrine to apply?
- Does it only apply when a minor is driving
the vehicle, or to legal adults as well?
2. Can you provide an overview of negligent entrustment in Massachusetts, and the situations in which applies?
Thank you very much.