How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41043
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I kicked my ex girlfriend out . Now she is going

Customer Question

I kicked my ex girlfriend out for cheating. Now she is going around telling people I work with that I robbed her bank account and cleared all the money out, I broke her phone, I hit her, put two cigarette burns out on her arm, I like little girls, and other stuff. None of it is true I was wondering if I could sue her for slander or defamation of character.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. You can sue her for defamation.These are false statements made to third parties that have injured your reputation.n Missouri, to prove a defamation claim a plaintiff must set forth evidence of the following elements: (1) publication, (2) of a defamatory statement, (3) that identifies the plaintiff, (4) that is false, (5) that is published with the requisite degree of fault, and (6) damages the plaintiff’s reputation. In a defamation claim where the plaintiff is a private plaintiff, the requisite degree of fault is negligence . You appear to have facts that would support such a suit for damages.I would consider a lawyer hre locally to send demand letter to cease and desist and damages for the defamation here. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Lawyer to sue with here.,-Slander-And-Defamation/Missouri/find-law-firms-by-city/Sorry you are having to go through this.I hope you will pursue such a suit and seek compensation here. Thanks again.