How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a business owner in Metairie, LA. I fired my office

Customer Question

I am a business owner in Metairie, LA. I fired my office manager for a lot of reasons, and now she's trying to hurt me and damage my life and my business of any way she can.
She are trying to contact my ex-wife and my ex-employees to have a gathering to sue me for lies.
And she's doing all of that just because she is mad and angry of why I fired her.
I have a lot of recording and text messages for what she is trying to do.
So what I can do with this situation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 1 year ago.
Well first of all, you must continue to make sure you keep all records, such as recordings and messages. It sounds like you are already doing this, so continue to do so. If she, or others, do end up suing you, you may need these items to defend yourself. Second, if she does do anything that you feel is threatening or harassing, you may have a valid harassment claim against her. Keep track of everything and if necessary, hire local counsel and go after her for harassment. If you have proof that she is trying to destroy you, you will likely prevail. Please let me know if you found this helpful and/or if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I don't have to call the police for that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's anyway I can call you just to go over this by the phone thanks
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 1 year ago.
You certainly have the option to contact police as well, and I was going to suggest that to you. However, in my experience the police often will not take these types of complaints seriously, unless it's very extreme. So feel free to contact the police, and this will create a record which is good, but just be prepared for them to doubt you, unless it's really outrageous. But if you have proof she wants to harm/destroy you, then by all means, show this to the police.
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 1 year ago.
I'm in a family event right now which I cannot leave for a phonecall, but I can call you tomorrow if you'd like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem my phone number(###) ###-####thanks for your help.
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 1 year ago.
OK. What time zone you are in? And can I call you around noon or so Eastern Time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Central time and yes you can call me around noon