How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My roommate agreed to pay me back tickets I purchase

Customer Question

My roommate agreed to pay me back for plane tickets I purchase for her, now she's recanting and won't pay, she also moved out and had her dog defile the house. From a legal standpoint can I get her to pay the tickets and damages to my house?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation. You can sue your roommate in small claims court (see: Your primary cause of action would be for 'breach of contract' but you could also recover under quasi-contractual theories such as 'unjust enrichment' if the court were to find that there was not an actual contract formed (but this usually is far more advanced than you actually need for a small claims case).