Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Experience:  dasdasd
23431962

WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE TO PANAMA CANAL HAVE ACTIVE PASSPORTS

Customer Question

HI. WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE TO PANAMA CANAL HAVE ACTIVE PASSPORTS BUT WILL EXPIRE 1 MO AFTER GETTING BACK INTO COUNTRY IS THERE A PROBLEM FOR US WE ARE US CITIZENS
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer. I see you have two open questions. It is important that you understand how this service works, and how Experts get credit for doing their jobs. Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. ANSWER: No, there is no issue. First, you are US citizens. You cannot be denied entry into the United States so long as you can prove that you are US citizens. The valid passport is proof of your US citizenship status. Therefore, as long as the validity dates are valid when you re-enter the US, you will not have any issues upon returning. Note that if you have the time, you can request expedited passport renewals which will take only about 2 weeks to get. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!