How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12250
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ring was stolen by a friend of my brother. She told me she

Customer Question

My ring was stolen by a friend of my brother. She told me she knew nothing about the ring being gone. I filed a police report, and then she offered to get the ring back from the pawn shop, She went to get the ring today, but I think it has already been taken for evidence. I don't want to see her prosecuted. I just want my ring back, What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. You can contact the police and tell them that if you get your ring back, you don't want to press charges. One problem would be if the girl took money from the pawn shop. If so, then it's likely out of your hands since the pawn shop will have a claim against the girl as well for selling it stolen property and taking it's money. But if the girl didn't yet take any money from the pawn shop, then it may work out where the ring is returned to you and charges are not filed. So start by contacting the police. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!