How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2157
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was injured on the job over two years ago...scheduled for

Customer Question

I was injured on the job over two years ago...scheduled for a settlement conference next month. My injury was do to negligence of company I worked for( a very large corporation). Should I ask for hush money ? I have a letter from the company accepting full responsibility for my injury.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You can negotiate whatever amount you want. As part of the settlement they are very likely going to ask you to sign a confidentiality agreement that keeps you from disclosing any info about the case to anyone. You can and should use that for leverage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good answer for now. I may contact you again tomorrow.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Happy to help. A positive rating is appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If my lawyer has already sent the opposing council an offer amount to settle, can I recant and ask for more at the arbitration meeting if I don't feel that my lawyers have considered the fact that not only have I lost wages but I have also lost my vehicle which is now on my credit record and the fact that from now until the end of my life I will have to pay someone to do the physical labor jobs on my farm that I have always done for myself.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can since they did not accept the offer everything is negotiable.

Related Legal Questions