How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Here it is in full... STATE OF INDIANA COUNTY OF ) IN THE

Customer Question

here it is in full...
) CASE NO: 33C02-1601-CC-000047
March 15, 2016
Comes now Plaintiff River Ridge Apartments, by counsel, and files Motion for Summary Judgment, and Designation of Evidentiary Matters; and comes now Defendant David Null and files Opposition to Plaintiffs Motion for Summary Judgment and Designation of Evidence; and in accordance with Trial Rule 56, Defendant David Null shall have thirty (30) days from the date of service of Plaintiff s Motion to serve any other materials for the Court's consideration. Upon the failure of either party to timely file a Motion for Hearing and absent a finding by the Court that an oral argument would be helpful, the Parties are ordered to notify the Court that the pending Motion for Summary Judgment is eligible for decision and provide any proposed Orders not previously submitted.
Kit C. Dean Crane, Judge Henry Circuit Court 2
So ordered on this the 15th day of March, 2016.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Whose name is ***** ***** property - both yours and his, or just yours?

2) Did you get this property before or after being married? If after being married, was it purchased with money which was gifted or inherited?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know if I need to respond to this court's from an apartment rental where they say I broke the lease and a debt collector has asked for.summary judgment but I opposedon't the summary judgment already, then this week this scheduling order came from court....I don't understand all the other information in it and need to know if or how to respond.....sorry has nothing to do with property owned or marriage...??.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.


My apologies. My information request was meant for another customer and was placed on this thread by accident.

I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

My apologies for the confusion above (sometimes our threads inadvertently do get crossed, and again I do apologize), I believe that I was assisting you with this issue on an earlier thread.

The Court's scheduling order gives you some key information:

  • The court has acknowledge receipt of both parties' moving papers (so they have already received your opposition).
  • You have the opportunity to submit additional papers in support of your opposition if you choose (you must do so within 30 days of the date of the order).
  • The court will not automatically set the order for oral hearing (this is very common - most courts do not hold oral hearings unless the parties request them). The court will review the papers that were submitted by each party, and then issues a ruling.
    • However, if you would like to have an opportunity to argue the issue orally, you can. Contact the court directly and notify them that you would like the matter set for hearing (if you know in advance, do so in writing - a very brief paragraph on pleading paper requesting the matter be set for hearing).