Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can the Alabama Ethics Commission gave a waiver to a

Customer Question

Can the Alabama Ethics Commission gave a waiver to a candidate for filing paperwork late.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Kindly provide proper foundation for your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really, I can't believe that you are responding to the question and asking for more money. Thanks for helping a Veteran who has served you and your family for 28 years and my family and Country
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wanted to know yes or no

Hello: I never asked for more money. I was trying to get more information from you before I respond. I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, it might not be you, but I was asked for $59.00 for you to give me more information.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. The Ethics Commission may grant an extension for emergency reasons. For instance if the person has been injured, or had a death in the family. Those things would need to be documented. Now if someone simply forgot to file, the commission will accept the late filing and may impose a late filing fine.

Also on request for more money, I believe that is an offer automatically generated by this site if a customer wants to pay for additional services such as a phone call. You can use this LINK to chat with a moderator about that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** would like to speak with you before I go any further.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I do not participate in the phone calls. They are offers automatically generated by this site. I was only explaining to you what the additional request might have been for.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You will need to use the blue link I provided to discuss any further payment questions you may have. The professionals are not privy to that information. But I can continue to discuss the Ethics Commission here, if you want.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again, thanks . The information you gave me is for the state of Alabama Ethics Commission right. I am planning on going to speak with someone in person. I qualify as a Independent and my probate judge did not informed me that I had qualified. When I found out that's when I filed my paperwork. He informed the ethics commission . And I am yet to receive paperwork from the judge to let me know if I have qualified.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Yes. It is for Alabama And actually it is how all Ethics Commissions operate. If that is the case because you were not properly notified of your qualification, then yes, you should get an extension.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Congratulations, by the way and good luck with your campaign.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sam. thanks for taking the time to review my case. I went to the Ethics Commission today, and I was told to write a letter to asked for an extension and explained why my paperwork was late. Yes, I told them that I waiting on the the judge to let me know if I had qualified. Still today he has not yet told me that I had qualified. I know now that the responsibility is all on me to have summited my paperwork to the Ethics Commission when I gave my paperwork to the probate judge. Again, Thanks for responding and helping a Veterans. Still need you to help me get my name on the ballot.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. I suggest you consider contacting the Judge's law clerk and telling them of the situation and that you have not gotten the judge's order.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes documents get "lost" in the mound of papers the judge needs to signs. The law clerk can dig it out for you.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to hear the Ethics Commission was helpful. Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** will give you the best rating for your time. Can I still get your help on this matter.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You can come back to this question at any time, unless you request it be closed. Thanking you for the positive rating. If you need assistance in making that rating you can use this LINK and chat with a moderator who can help you.