How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 15 year old son is being accused of asking s younger

Customer Question

My 15 year old son is being accused of asking his younger brother (by another mother) to touch him inappropriately.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My son is openly gay. He has only seen his brother while visiting at his father's home.. I have asked my son and his reaction spoke volumes. He is not the perpetrator.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. Can you please state the specific legal question you want answered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know what to do. How do I proceed? Child services is asking to speak to my son. He doesn't have anything to hide, I'm just scared of how this is affecting him.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

If you cannot afford to hire a lawyer to defend against CPS's demands, my suggestion would be that you contact a local court reporter and have the court reporter formally transcribe the meeting between CPS and your child. In other words, make that be a condition of your agreement to allow CPS to meet with your child. This will insure that any action that CPS tries to take is based on the truth of what your child actually said in the meeting as opposed to some contorted version of it.