How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26824
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the way to Act someone in the state of Tennessee?

Customer Question

What is the way to Baker Act someone in the state of Tennessee? What needs to occur?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I know that in Florida it is only to be of harm to yourself or others. Please advise.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: He has a mental degerantive disease. A lot of things have occurred recently & am worried.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: He is very perinoid. Is not anything like as he was. Also, he's not takings any medication. I done believe that an attorney even needs to be involved.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


The easiest way to get someone committed for psychiatric evaluation would be to report him to the police as someone with a "mental illness or serious emotional disturbance,."

Below is the statute that indicates who can commit someone under Tennessee law.

33-6-402. Detention without warrant authorized. If an officer authorized to make arrests in the state, a licensed physician, a psychologist authorized under § 33-6-427(a), or a professional designated by the commissioner under § 33-6-427(b) has reason to believe that a person is subject to detention under § 33-6-401, then the officer, physician, psychologist, or designated professional may take the person into custody without a civil order or warrant for immediate examination under § 33-6-404 for certification of need for care and treatment.