Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

What is the way to Act someone in the state of Tennessee?

Customer Question

What is the way to Baker Act someone in the state of Tennessee? What needs to occur?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I know that in Florida it is only to be of harm to yourself or others. Please advise.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: He has a mental degerantive disease. A lot of things have occurred recently & am worried.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: He is very perinoid. Is not anything like as he was. Also, he's not takings any medication. I done believe that an attorney even needs to be involved.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

The easiest way to get someone committed for psychiatric evaluation would be to report him to the police as someone with a "mental illness or serious emotional disturbance,."

Below is the statute that indicates who can commit someone under Tennessee law.

33-6-402. Detention without warrant authorized. If an officer authorized to make arrests in the state, a licensed physician, a psychologist authorized under § 33-6-427(a), or a professional designated by the commissioner under § 33-6-427(b) has reason to believe that a person is subject to detention under § 33-6-401, then the officer, physician, psychologist, or designated professional may take the person into custody without a civil order or warrant for immediate examination under § 33-6-404 for certification of need for care and treatment.