How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42847
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own and live in an HOA Cummnity in Las Vegas. I believe my

Customer Question

I own and live in an HOA Cummnity in Las Vegas. I believe my civil and legal rights have been violated. I need to get some advice on handle my situation.
I am very familiar with ACLU and I hope you can help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

It would be possible for you to file either a state or federal lawsuit against an HOA for such violations and seek damages for all of your harm including mental anguish.

A state suit would cover damages for the HOA not following their own rules or selective enforcement of them.

A federal suit would pertain to civil rights or failure to accommodate needs or other federal housing issues.You would review your harm here with local Nevada lawyer to see which suit is the proper direction.HOAs in general get sued often because they act without regard for consequences and harm to members.Since there is little to no regulation of HOAs by state or federal agencies a lawsuit is almost always required to get you some justice and compensation for your harm.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best.

Free lawyer referral..