How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I looking to sue the group home was in, my son, My son is 25

Customer Question

I looking to sue the group home mason was in
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: my son
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My son is 25 in a group home for adults with developmental disabilities He was one of the more verbal clients in the group home. Most of the clients were very limited . He had a problem with a staff person there. The staff person was calling him names . He went to tell the manager what was going on and the staff person stopped him. He ended up in a restraint.. The police were called and he was charged with assault and battery and assault. The assault battery he was cleared of , he was found guilty of the assault. The police no injury on the staff person.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: The judge gave him time served. My son was in protective custody. Two days before Christmas he was raped in his cell .
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he did nothing, why was he found guilty of assault?
Also, what are you seeking to sue the home for?
You cannot sue the home, you would have to get an attorney to represent your son locally for any suit.