Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

My name is ***** ***** and I live in Tennessee. In 2012,

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I live in Tennessee. In 2012, like the person in this page I too enlisted the legal help of CLC (Consumer Law Council, LLC 2655 North Ocean Drive, Suite 403, Singer Island, FL 33404). A notary was sent to my door and I signed Limited Power Of Attorney concerning a past due credit debit on a credit card account that was closed in 2009. I too made payments to this Meracord which apparently is the way CLC collects their fees (or was). I paid all of my payments over one and 1/2 years which totaled roughly $4000.00. This was an agreement with the understanding that I would be completely cleared of this debt and not one penny would be paid to the creditor because of illegal practices by credit card companies in general. It's been 3 years and about 5 months and my credit report still shows this debt. A representative from CLC had been calling me once a month for the past 3 years to tell me that they are working on my case and it's getting closer to being resolved. I called last week and requested to speak with somebody that could actually give me some answers. A person answered the phone claiming that after the statue of limitations for my state was up the credit debt would disappear from my credit reports. I told him that I wanted a full refund since I had been given no documentation that anything had been filed or done legally for me. He told me that they didn't give refunds, however they would give a gift to unsatisfied customers to sever any contractual agreements. This purposed gift for me would be about 10% of what I've paid in.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details would you like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

You should get all your money back. These companies all over promise, over charge, and under perform. What you want to do is raise the stakes on them. Send them a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the history, including their misrepresentations, and demand they refund all your money within a short specified period of time.. Inform them that if they do not comply with your demand timely, you will have no choice but to file a suit for your damages. BUT, be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as fraud and deceptive trade practice causes of action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit. Even if you have to file the suit, that's likely all you will need do. In my experience, they will refund your money without a hearing rather than risk punitive damages and the fraud and/or deceptive trade practice judgments being on the record.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!