Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I know that using medical marijuana under Ariona laws is

Customer Question

i know that using medical marijuana under Ariona laws is legal while on probation however does the same apply to those on house arrest? is there any difference? thank you.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

That depends on what your particular Court Order States. You are not permitted to use illicit drugs. Medical Marijuana is not an illicit drug so long as you have the proper medical prescriptions supporting your use.

The rules pertaining to House Arrest are similar to Work Release. You must abide by the conditions that are included in your House Arrest Order. At a minimum those conditions include:

1. Active electronic monitoring surveillance for a minimum term of one year or until eligible for general parole.

2. Participation in gainful employment or other beneficial activities.

3. Submission to alcohol and drug tests as mandated.

4. Payment of the electronic monitoring fee in an amount determined by the board of not less than one dollar per day and not more than the total cost of the electronic monitoring unless, after determining the inability of the inmate to pay the fee, the board requires payment of a lesser amount. The fees collected shall be returned to the department's home arrest program to offset operational costs of the program.

5. Remaining at the inmate's place of residence at all times except for movement out of the residence according to mandated conditions.

6. Adherence to any other conditions imposed by the court, board of executive clemency or supervising corrections officers.

7. Compliance with all other conditions of supervision.

8. Payment of a monthly home arrest supervision fee of at least sixty-five dollars unless, after determining the inability of the inmate to pay the fee, the department requires payment of a lesser amount. The supervising corrections officer shall monitor the collection of the fee. Monies collected shall be deposited, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the community corrections enhancement fund established by section 31-418.

9. Payment of a drug testing fee in an amount to be determined by the board and not to exceed the costs of the drug testing program. The fees collected pursuant to this paragraph by the department may only be used to offset the costs of the drug testing program.

Here is a link to the law.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/41/01604-13.htm

Here is a sample Conditions Agreement:

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/476261/11682821/1302574157273/home

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald