How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118254
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Denied my LTC I have stolen car conviction from 1980..can a

Customer Question

Denied my LTC I have stolen car conviction from 1980..can a layer help me? I am 61 yrs old now and never had any problems.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under MA law, you can file for a CORI reformation, which is removal of the record from CORI, 10 years after the conviction as long as you have no subsequent convictions. The problem is that a CORI clearance does not help with government or law enforcement seeing the records. You would need to file a petition for pardon with the Governor's Board of Pardon and Parole, with reinstatement of your rights, in order to obtain the LTC. See:
If you want to seal your CORI as well, here is the petition to do so, but again that does not help you with the LTC. See: