How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received a letter from GC Services red light traffic

Customer Question

hi, I have received a letter from GC Services for a red light traffic violation apparently. It was sent to my old address in MT. It says as a result of your failure to appear on your citation the Superior court of CA has referred you to us and they added $300 to the bill. I have never seen this and just moved here. I am not sure what to do?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet. just received this today and didn't even know I had a ticket
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have an appointment on monday with the DMV. I was going to get my new license.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The first thing you should do is call the court clerk's office, notify them that you moved and that the citation went to your old address and you never saw it. You can provide evidence of your move to the court clerk and they may waive the additional fee for your failure to appear.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You may have to appear before the judge and show him the proof that you moved to avoid the additional fee....that just varies by judge and jurisdiction.