How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55447
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a property in Baltimore city and a service person was

Customer Question

Hello. I have a property in Baltimore city and a service person was suppose to do some minor work (painting, replace a small portion of drywall, fix door) - estimated around $500. They came out to start the job but did very little (some painting and drywall work). They decided they did not like the tenant and said they would not complete the job. They want me to make a partial payment. I told them no (not paying money for a job that was not completed as agreed). We do not have a written contract (on email and voicemail discussions). The work to be done is 3 weeks late, I have to get another contractor to now do the work and some of the work he did was not acceptable. I had previously told him, I would pay when everything was complete. It was not complete. What should I do. He has been sending harassing emails.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is saying he will take me to court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has repeatedly been leaving voicemails and emails. I am considering notifying the authorities of this continued harassment
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

What you want to do here is inform him that he defaulted under your agreement and you have no intention of paying him anything as he defaulted. And, demand, in an email, that he cease and desist in any further harassing emails or you will contact the district attorney's office to file formal criminal harassment charges against him. Once you warn him to stop and he fails to do so, he is violating the following law:

§ 3-803. Harassment


(a) A person may not follow another in or about a public place or maliciously engage in a course of conduct that alarms or seriously annoys the other:

(1) with the intent to harass, alarm, or annoy the other;

(2) after receiving a reasonable warning or request to stop by or on behalf of the other; and

(3) without a legal purpose.


(b) This section does not apply to a peaceable activity intended to express a political view or provide information to others.


(c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to:

(1) for a first offense, imprisonment not exceeding 90 days or a fine not exceeding $500 or both; and

(2) for a second or subsequent offense, imprisonment not exceeding 180 days or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

Related Legal Questions