Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We received a letter last week stating we owe 2,071.00, but

Customer Question

We received a letter last week stating we owe 2,071.00, but of course now its up to $3,625.00! I knew of some taxes owed, but the IRS is taking $ out of my pay every 2 weeks. Right now my husband is not working, because he was assaulted in Nov. and he is getting 1/4 of his normal pay, not counting overtime. I just had foot surgery o the 17th, i had my sutures taken out yest, and am now sporting a pink cast, so i am off work work now but work for Pgh. Board of Education . The paper states a petition must be filed with the sheriffs no later from the date when schedule of dist.is filed in the Sheriffs office. I dont no what they r talking about and we barely are getting by financially. Please dont let us lose our home of 30 yrs. ty in advance for any way u can help us.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I would need to see the letter to see what the issue is. Dealing with the IRS can be a nightmare. I have been dealing with them for 27 years. The additional amount is no doubt penalties. Which State are you located in? Can you attach the letter?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the letter so I may assist you?

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I assume that since the question is back to the group at large that you contacted customer service and asked for another attorney. I would be happy to assist you, but it would be much easier if you could scan the letter received from the IRS so I could read it. If you don't have a scanner you can take a good picture with your phone and upload that. If you would like for me to opt out please let me know.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am the original attorney that was assisting you. Are you able to attach the letter?