Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had on Tuesday have HR come to me and informed me that

Customer Question
"thet were informed"of me having...
I had on Tuesday have HR come to me and informed me that "thet were informed"of me having instant messages and chats at our gym with CEO ..and scold me dont talk to him ..walk around ..do apporach him...even if he apporach you ....I was in shocked because it seem like they were labeling me as harrasment.. First the person never gave me opportunity to address me with this issue and that would of been the end ..i can repect ...but when they chat with you like nothing is wrong and just have HR...attack me ..never got specfics..I had email the HR person to further discussion on monday...because they didnt exactly what the category of misconduct. ..was it just inappropriate. ..but seem like some has slander me as harrasment and with no way of clearing my name...HR was not interested in hearing me more like they have judge me base on the accuser saying ....i even mention if i was bugging this pero And theey never said anything
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have proof i ask that question. ...never instant message back and after that still had a nice chat ...again no mention of "hey sorry but this is inappropriate and cant talk to you like this" that would of be 100 clear....i feel like the more i try to get information since this is serious allegations. ..they never mention him as the one but im assuming they need him to have said something to have them come to me. Yh
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/25/2016
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 1 year ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in? And can you tell me what your specific question is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am in Texas and i have meeting with HR.This is what i email them..to get clear clarification. .now i never had to sign anything but again they can make notes on personal file...and this affecting me being financally( im sure they will laid me off after they have this merger. )..emotional...and my family (daughter and mother who i am main provider) ( im afraid of asking too many questions for fear of retaliation) what questions can i ask ...i feel like im walking on eggshells since hr is not there for my best interest. .. this is what email Friday and now have meetings with SrHR monday.....just need some guidance please.
I do apologize for this inconvenience, but I was blind sited, shocked by the whole ordeal. I would like to have a discussion to get a clearer understanding on some questions I still have and address what exactly is this going to be label as on my profile ?(a) Need to know what I am accused of; what is the category ; What is on my personnel file , notes have been added concerning this situation? ???? I am really concern on how this will be reported or looked at in my personnel profile. (If this is going to be label as some sort of harassment in my profile those are very serious allegations which I really need to fully be aware of to address)(b) Need to know who is/are my accuser(s); and why did the accuser not address it /give me opportunity to correct this misunderstanding and prematurely just go to HR. I am assuming the person should of at least had to address me with the concerns first (which never happen verbally nor in writing)and then if the issue was not corrected I could understand the accusers reason to proceed to HR to intervene.(c) Requesting a copy of any company policy relating to allegations of misconduct or wrongdoing so I can absorb and retain this for me to know what

Thank you for letting me know the state and more clarification on what you've done in terms of contacting HR, etc... As you indicated that this is an email you sent to HR, it's not clear what questions you're asking HR in the email, and what (if any) questions you're asking me. Can you specifically let me know what questions you want me to answer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can i ask in writing for hr to state that this will not be label as harrasment on my profile ...since they verbally stated in the initial a meeting.

Apologies for the delay. I was assisting another customer (as it was almost 30 minutes since I asked my clarifying question). Can you tell me if you have any written policies in place, or if you're part of a union or have an employment contract in place that sets out a specific disciplinary procedure?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response .

Tina, Lawyer