How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41014
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter's father has 2 lawsuits going at this time, 1 's

Customer Question

My daughter's father has 2 lawsuits going at this time, 1 for Worker's Comp and he has also filed against a hospital. I am in the process of filing for child support, he is not in the rear at this time, but would I be able to place a claim or lien. Will she be entitled to any part of his 2 lawsuits.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

The court may look to these in setting the amount of support here.You would have to have court set child support and award you a portion of these settlements.It is possible for you to claim some of these proceeds through child support based on his income and this would be included.

You just need to try and get the child support hearing scheduled here, these can definitely be part of that and the money included in setting the amount of support and he may also be ordered to pay you a lump sum for the amount of arrears since you filed here in NY.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.


You can recover funds here for the child support due from date of filing.You want to get this to hearing as soon as you can.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Related Legal Questions