How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband worked City of Chicago years and is now

Customer Question

My husband worked for the City of Chicago for 30 years and is now collecting
his city pension. As his spouse, am I entitled to part of his pesion.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

In the event of a divorce, you should be entitled to any portion of the pension that has accumulated during the pendency of the marriage.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thus, if the entire pension has grown during the course of the marriage, then you should be entitled to an equitable portion of the balance --- which would likely be approximately half of the balance.