How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Wisconsin and was red by a company in Michigan as

Customer Question

I live in Wisconsin and was hired by a company in Michigan as a 1099 contractor to provide services. The company is refusing to pay monies owed for services rendered, about $4580. They refuse to pay because equipment sent to me belonged to another company and I returned it to that company instead of them. I believe the real reason is that they cannot afford to pay. Can I sue and what is the process? I would like to sue the company in Wisconsin instead of Michigan. Is this possible? Outside of me they have very little contact with Wisconsin in the way of business and outside of them I have no business in Michigan.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Is the company a corporation? Did the written contract specify venue or choice of law in its provisions?