How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117460
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I as a senior citizen reported a fraud scam by foreclosure

Customer Question

I as a senior citizen reported a fraud scam by foreclosure facing landlord unemployed and rent owing Boyfriend at 3still court Ossining NY Property Under Supreme Court Westchester NY FORECLOSURE PROCEEDINGS DATED April 2013 , I being a lease tenant home sharing wef feb 23 2014 but illegally eliminated from being named as John Doe in tn the foreclosure judgment motion manipulated by LISTNG AGENT TO exclude me from foreclosure proceedings and by arranging a fraud upon thre court by 3 plaintiff attorneys and illegally evicting me on Mar27 2015 my thereby Precluding my claim of inteterest in the mortgage property's once sold away on shortsales payoff to buyer Jason following a manipulated fraud upon the court C
Foreclosure case discontinuation in July 2015 After I suffered illegal evictio,wef3-27-2015and homelessness and consequent unnecessary hotel rental charges etc. amount it'd ting to 25thousand dollars and increasing daily until I get relief from court
My question is whether I have a clorable
claim in a Federal court
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your eviction was obtained contrary to the helping families save their homes act, which is the federal law saying that any legal tenant in a foreclosed property much get a minimum of 90 days notice to vacate, you could have a claim in the US District court.
Unfortunately, other than violation of the Helping Families Save their Homes Act of 2009, your other claims lost in the NY courts and lost on appeal there are already res judicata or already decided, so you would not have a claim to take to the federal courts on that because the federal court would have to rule your case was already determined.
The federal court can rule though on the federal law if they violated it and can take that case as a cause of action. But you are still going to need an attorney in US District Court, as they are more strict with rules than the NY state courts.