How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42303
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own property with 2/3 life share included a woman has a

Customer Question

I own property with 2/3 life share included a woman has a 1/3 life share she refuses to pay taxes and even let it be sold last year I bought it back I have paid 6 years taxes in 10 years the sheriff told me if I try to move in he will throw me out even though I own a 2/3 LIFE SHARE myself how do I get her out she put tile on hard wood floor and took walls down in 2 rooms without me knowing ahead of time I would hav told her no sheriff is her sons uncle in law so he always lost the drugs that she was stopped with missing from lock up room I am tired of paying for her and can I move in house deed states share and share alike I bought 2 life shares when I bought land please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you .

If you have a deeded partial life estate interest you have the right to live in it.The sheriff has no legal basis to evict you and you may want to try and call his bluff.You may decide to move back in here, you have right of entry as well as partial ownership.Since you cannot locate a lawyer here I would consider trying.The sheriff cannot arrest you for trespass if you have valid partial title.You may want to make sure you have this document when you go to the house and move in.

If you are denied entry somehow by sheriff I would not make any more tax payments.At least if you cannot get back in here the tax assessor will take it for taxes at some point.Going back and trying to move in is the best remedy and no lawyer is needed.Again I do not see as a partial owner a sheriff or anyone else can deny you access.

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.I wish you the best.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great service
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Thanks you can rate with five stars here.