How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19326
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** and I am needing assistance with toll

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** and I am needing assistance with toll violations we have received.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We received letters of violations from Harris County and Ft. Bend County in excessive amounts. We have TX Tags on our vehicles and I don't know what has happened
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What is your specific question?

Are you challenging the validity of the tickets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a TX Tag account to pay for tolls. There are about $200 in tolls that didn't get paid to Ft. Bend County for whatever reason. We have been sent to collections and with the fees that wereally assessed they want us to pay almost $8,000.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to figure out how to get these fines reversed or at least reduced.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

Did you not get a notice of the violation before your account was sent to collections?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They sent one but it was not received.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

You can contact the collector and tell the collector that you did not receive notice of these tickets and that had it been you were aware of them, you would have paid for the tickets and not accrue all the interests. You would then ask the collector to speak to the Counties about reducing the amount due to the original ticket amounts since you did not get the notice. Eventhough the collector would say that nothing can be done, in actuality something can be done. The collector can persuade the Counties to reduce the amount due.

If you get an agreement for reduction, make sure that it is in writing before you make any payments.

One more thing, once the account has been turned into collections, the creditors, the Counties would tell you to direct all inquiries to the collector. The Counties would not speak with you about the debts.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.