How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I haven't received my judgment from a small claims case. I

Customer Question

I haven't received my judgment from a small claims case. I need to know what way to retrieve the funds is my best bet. He has the money, just refuses to pay it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was rewarded $1200 for damage someone caused to my car. It was declared on Sept 25, 2014 and I have tried numerous time to collect the judgment. He refuses to pay it. He owns a house, owns 2 vehicles, has a full time job, has the money and will not pay.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Harris County, Texas
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Thank you; a few minutes please.

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Do you have an abstract of judgment?