How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MyVirtualCPA Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MyVirtualCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am planning on flying from Colorado to Louisiana on

Customer Question

I am planning on flying from Colorado to Louisiana on Friday, March 25. I did not realize that my driver's license had expired until a couple of days ago. I have renewed the license, have the old license & a paper temporary, however, I doubt I will receive the new one before my flight date. I have talked with American Airlines & the representative told me I can bring my old license, new temporary one & my photo ID since I am a government employee & will be able to board. I just need to make sure I am okay with TSA with this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MyVirtualCPA replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question -- yes, this is correct. The TSA allows you to fly with the temporary paper IDs along with your old ID and -- your government issued ID is good too. You're fine.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.