How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31786
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I invested $45,000 with a local concert promoter show this

Customer Question

I invested $45,000 with a local concert promoter for a show this weekend. Was told up to Saturday that the investment would yield a small profit .Was told today That I will take a $30,000 loss. I want to sue him for misrepresentation or something. What's possible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Do you have anything in writing that evidences the representation regarding the profit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a budget sheet. I have a sign contract stating that if he goes over budget that he incurs the cost. I have text stating that a profit should be made. The budget sheet estimates profit.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks.

You can sue for the person for negligent or intentional misrepresentation and also for detrimental reliance given that he made you these promises and caused you to rely on them.....and provide money to the person based on these representations.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You should consult a lawyer in your area and have him/her issue a demand letter to this person demanding damages/reimbursement if the event does fail.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You can claim that the person took advantage and made material misrepresentations to you in order to induce you to participate in the your detriment.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

It would likely be a good idea to seek a lawyer to review any agreement and documentation you have so you can handle this matter as best as possible going into the event.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - if you need anything further, please let me know. If not, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!