How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I file my own Motion To Quash Subpoena? I am unemployed

Customer Question

Can I file my own Motion To Quash Subpoena? I am unemployed and I am not involved in any lawsuit. My bank has received a Federal Civil Subpoena to get copies of my bank records. I believe my former employer is being sued. The deadline is today.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only/
Yes, for this type of situation, you can file your own motion to quash the subpoena for your bank records. Even though this sample motion may be more complex than you need, it is being provided for the purpose of you seeing the format of the motion and what your motion needs to look like (all federal pleadings are the same, does not matter what state it is from). See:
You file it with the clerk of the federal court and you send a copy to the bank and to the other party who obtained the subpoena.

Related Legal Questions