How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28065
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter stating my loans were paid in full. Now

Customer Question

Good morning, I received a letter stating my loans were paid in full. Now I received a letter saying I owe interest. Here is the issue , the first letter was an obvious mistake, can they be made to stick to the fact , I have a letter stating my loans are paid in full ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. How much do they say you owe in interest? Is this amount a result of the last payment being made and interest being on it that was not factored in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are stating I am on a forbearance, and it $661.24in interest. Can they be made to hold to Paid in full notice?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. You can always respond to them and indicate that the letter your received stated that your loans were paid in full and you do not owe any additional money or payment. After all, if you did not have a ZERO balance, why would they send that. If money was owed for the forbearance and that period, they should have assessed this. Now, it does not mean that they will agree to this but it is an argument to make, that they advise your loans were paid in full and you do not owed anything else. As such, you can advise them you do not have the money to pay this and see if they will reduce it or work out a payment plan with you, to settle this in full, if it was an error on their part. However, if it was a mistake, the money would still be owed but you can try and use what you have to your advatnage, to try and work something out.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.