Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

What kind of lawyer do you speak to about filing suit

Customer Question

What kind of lawyer do you speak to about filing suit against a church for violations of Ultra Vires (not following their own bylaws) in dismissing a Senior-level Priest (highest level)with no formal or proper investigation. They also defamed said Priest publicly and allowed her no opportunity to defend herself under the bylaws of the organization.
The church was incorporated in 1992 in Delaware but now operates in Tucson, AZ the Priest lived in and served the church in CA.
The Board does not have liability insurance for its Directors or for the church itself.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You would need an employment Attorney who handles religious organizations issues to assist with the case. The lawsuit will be filed in the State of California and not Arizona. So, the employment Attorney must be licensed to practice law in the State of California.

You can use the following sites to find California employment Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.