How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19475
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of lawyer do you speak to about filing suit

Customer Question

What kind of lawyer do you speak to about filing suit against a church for violations of Ultra Vires (not following their own bylaws) in dismissing a Senior-level Priest (highest level)with no formal or proper investigation. They also defamed said Priest publicly and allowed her no opportunity to defend herself under the bylaws of the organization.
The church was incorporated in 1992 in Delaware but now operates in Tucson, AZ the Priest lived in and served the church in CA.
The Board does not have liability insurance for its Directors or for the church itself.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You would need an employment Attorney who handles religious organizations issues to assist with the case. The lawsuit will be filed in the State of California and not Arizona. So, the employment Attorney must be licensed to practice law in the State of California.

You can use the following sites to find California employment Attorneys:

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.